Sunday, February 11, 2007

11 February 2007

Very short solo ride

Due to the rain, I wasn't planning on riding at all. However, late in the morning, it looked warm and sunny outside, so I headed up Empire Grade. Initially, going by UCSC, I was going into the wind, without having warmed up, and I had just eaten, so I didn't feel very good. After the bridge, when I got settled into climbing, I felt a little better. However, the roads were wet, the air was damp, and it was cloudier and colder than I thought, so I turned around at Felton-Empire. It would probably be colder and wetter further up, as the sunniest and warmest part of Empire-Grade was the part I had just ridden, between Smith and Felton-Empire. Heading back down, I was extra-cautious on the turns due to the wet roads, but still set a new personal best on the descent, probably due to having fresh legs for the straight parts, as I usually only do this descent after having ridden at least 70 miles.

0 comments: