Sunday, October 28, 2007

28 October 2007

UCSC loop

It was another nice day, so I had to get out and ride a little. I pumped up my rear tire. Then I tried to pump up my front tire, but my pump valve was leaking. I didn't realize that and tried to reattach it. The result was a totally flat tire and a busted pump. I was disgusted, but still wanted to ride, so I pumped it up with my frame pump. After 500 strokes or so, it was still a bit soft, and it didn't seem like continuing would get any more pressure. So screw it and just ride. I'll get a new floor pump tomorrow.

Sunday afternoons are nicer than weekday mornings. It was warmer, so I wasn't wearing a windbreaker flapping in the wind on the descent. On the 4 times around the loop, there was only one bus, as opposed to 1 or 2 buses each time up the climb on the weekday mornings.

0 comments: