Sunday, December 09, 2007

9 December 2007

Sunday afternoon UCSC loop

It was a sunny day, and it was warm in the sun. It was a little chilly in the shade and the wind, though. Still, I went without my windbreaker. I headed up to UCSC to ride around the loop, which I hadn't really done since Monday, due to fog and rain.

I decided to go around 10 times. I saw 3 or 4 other cyclists multiple times also climbing the hills of UCSC. I had thought that without the windbreaker flapping around, I'd be a little faster on the descent, but I wasn't. Perhaps there was a slight headwind, but I didn't really notice any except at the bottom, where it was a little stronger than usual. But, since I'd be slowing for the turn, which tends to have car traffic, the headwind at the bottom shouldn't be a factor.

There were numerous rodents off the right side of the road spread out along the lower half of the climb.

0 comments: