Saturday, March 21, 2009

21 March 2009

Empire Grade

It was mostly cloudy and the forecast was for rain in later in the afternoon, so I hoped to get out and back before the rain started. I headed up Empire Grade up to the Lockheed gate. I turned around and headed back down.

At Pine Flat, I turned right, and headed down to Ice Cream Grade, which came up sooner than I expected, then down Ice Cream Grade to Martin, which I missed and had to turn around for. On Martin, it started raining, and I was about 45 minutes from home. I didn't expect it to start raining this early. It was wet all the way down Bonny Doon, so I took the descent quite conservatively. There was a bus on its way up Bonny Doon Rd as I descended, which was a first for me.

Fortunately, it was dry on Hwy 1, so I got to dry out before getting home.

0 comments: