Saturday, August 08, 2009

8 August 2009

Eureka Canyon

I headed to Jade St Park and got signed in. It was a nice sunny day. The ride headed out to Aptos, then along Trout Gulch, Valencia, Day Valley and Hames to Corralitos for a long break. At Corralitos, a lot of the Saturday harbor ride stopped before continuing up Hames or Eureka Canyon.

After the break, I headed up Eureka Canyon at a sustainable, but high enough, pace that got me to Buzzard Lagoon in just under 40 minutes, a new personal best. After another long break, it was off along Highland, which became a hammerfest, to the Summit Market, where the renovations were complete. I had a sandwich.

Then, it was down Soquel-San Jose. Somewhere after Stetson, a group of 3 in black jerseys came flashing by, so our group jumped on. I turned off at Laurel Glen, and headed over to Branciforte, and then back home.

0 comments: