Saturday, October 24, 2009

24 October 2009

Saturday harbor ride

It was very foggy by the coast. However, I didn't have to worry about riding in the pack in the fog. After the turn from Bonita to San Andreas, there was a big gap from the rider ahead of me to the pack, so I burned myself out trying to close the gap. After a couple of riders came by from behind, I was able to get back on. However, on the little climb at Manresa, I fell off the back. The pack slowed after the climb, and hung tantalizingly ahead of me for a little while, but I couldn't close the gap. The remainder of San Andreas was solo in the thick fog.

On Beach, a small group came by and I jumped on and caught up to the group in Watsonville. On 152 and Casserly, it was a pretty fast pace. The group split up on Mt Madonna, and I went up Hazel Dell solo. On Browns Valley, a rider went by and I jumped on. We caught up to 2 others, and then I was too cooked to stay with them, so I was solo the rest of the way to Corralitos and afterwards over Hames, Day Valley, Valencia, Trout Gulch and Soquel and then back home.

0 comments: