Saturday, June 12, 2010

12 June 2010

Saturday harbor ride

It was sunny and very warm. There was something going on in Capitola that closed the Esplanade area, so there was a detour including a rude gradient up Cherry Ave, though it was short enough for me to stay in the big ring. After Manresa on San Andreas, I was barely hanging onto the back, so after Buena Vista, I got unhitched from the train and had to time trial to Watsonville, working with one other guy. On Casserly, I was off the back again, but managed to catch some stragglers on the climb on Mt Madonna and could see more stragglers ahead of me on the Hazel Dell climb. However, on the descent, I was completely alone. I think there was a tailwind for the descent to Corralitos. After Corralitos, I headed back on Hames, Day Valley, Valencia, and Soquel, draining my water bottle by the time I got home.

0 comments: