Saturday, August 28, 2010

28 August 2010

Saturday harbor ride

It was cool and partly cloudy. My hip was sufficiently recovered for a hard ride. The pace on San Andreas was pretty relaxed, and I had no problem sitting in. I saw someone off the front at the little climbs after Manresa and Buena Vista. After Watsonville, a pretty large group of 30 or so went up Hazel Dell. At the start of Hazel Dell, after the steep part of lower Mount Madonna, I dropped off the lead group and also couldn't stay with the 2nd group of about 5, so I went over the top of Hazel Dell alone. On the descent, I latched onto a pair of riders that came speeding by all the way to Corralitos. I headed over Hames solo, then over Day Valley, where I latched onto a group of 8 or so, which then dispersed along Soquel.

0 comments: