Saturday, October 02, 2010

2 October 2010

Solo ride

It was a very nice day, neither cold nor hot. I headed up Graham Hill to Felton. The Hwy 9 detour signs were gone, so Hwy 9 was back open. Then I took Hwy 9, Glen Arbor, and Hwy 9 to Boulder Creek. At the intersection with Hwy 236, a fire truck, siren blaring, came up Hwy 9 from Ben Lomond and then headed up Hwy 236. After it went by, I headed up Hwy 236.

I started up Jamison Creek at 12:04. Soon, another fire truck came heading down from Empire Grade, and turned its siren on. During the climb, three more fire trucks headed down Jamison to Hwy 236. About 3/4 of a mile from the top, I went by 2 climbing cyclists who apparently were taking it easy. They certainly weren't breathing hard like I was. I got to the top at 12:28, and it took just about 24 minutes for the climb, for my best time in almost 2 years. I turned left and headed home down Empire Grade.

0 comments: