Saturday, September 17, 2011

17 September 2011

Saturday harbor ride

I woke up a half hour before starting off and it was overcast. There seemed to be a bigger group this time at first. At the start of San Andreas, I was trailing the pack, about to fall behind, when two other riders came up from behind and pulled me back. After Buena Vista, though, I couldn't keep up and immediately joined up with three others for the rest of San Andreas and Beach, getting back to the main group before Watsonville. On Mt Madonna, I fell behind the main group well before the steep part. The clouds had cleared, but it was still cool, and it would remain so for the rest of the ride. I caught a few on the steep part, and a couple more on the Hazel Dell climb. On the Hazel Dell descent, a group of four came by me, so I jumped on and followed them to Corralitos. From there, I took the usual route of Hames, Day Valley, Valencia, and Trout Gulch to Aptos, and Soquel back to town.

0 comments: