Saturday, November 26, 2011

26 November 2011

Saturday harbor ride

It sunny and slightly chilly when I started out. Some of the roads were wet. There was a headwind on San Andreas, so the pack wasn't too fast. Leading up to Sunset, the pack accelerated, and I couldn't, so I started slipping back. After Sunset, I kept slipping back and then was off the back, and had to face the headwind. I was still able to see the tail end of the pack making the turn onto Beach, so I wasn't that far behind. On Beach, I joined with a few other riders to get back to the pack. There was decent sized group on Casserly, but a big bunch turned left instead of continuing on Mt Madonna, so I was at the tail end of a group of 6 at the bottom of the steep part, and promptly fell behind with one other, as the other 4 raced ahead. A lot of Hazel Dell and Browns Valley was wet. From Corralitos, I headed over Hames, Day Valley, Valencia, Trout Gulch, and then Soquel back. It was turning into a relatively warm day.

0 comments: