Saturday, August 17, 2013

17 August 2013

Solo ride

It was mostly cloudy and comfortably cool as I headed up Hwy 9. I passed the Roaring Camp train that was also heading towards Felton, and got the where the tracks crosses the road about a minute before the train would get there, so I crossed the tracks and heard the train ringing bells and blowing horns behind me. At Felton, there was a lot of traffic, perhaps due to a flea market. I continued on Glen Arbor to Ben Lomond, then back on Hwy 9 to Boulder Creek, where I turned left onto Hwy 236. A little ways along Hwy 236, it became mostly sunny and warm, though it was mostly shaded under the trees. I started up Jamison Creek at 1:56 and felt a lot better than I did on this climb two weeks earlier. I overtook another rider climbing at about 3/4 mile from the top. I got to the top at 2:20 for a time of about 24:20, more than 2 minutes faster than two weeks earlier. I headed back down Empire Grade.

0 comments: