Saturday, September 14, 2013

14 September 2013

Solo ride

It was a sunny and breezy day. I started north on Hwy 1. At first there was somewhat of a tailwind until after Dimeo Lane, where it started becoming a headwind. By Bonny Doon Rd, it was a pretty strong headwind, past Davenport on onto Swanton Rd. The sign just south of Davenport showed my speed to be 26mph at the bottom of the gulch. In the Swanton Road valley, it was shielded from the wind. When I got to the summit of the climb, it was windy again as I headed back down to the coast where I had a tailwind heading south on Hwy 1. The sign just north of Davenport showed my speed to be 32mph going slightly uphill. At Bonny Doon Rd, I turned left and headed uphill, continuing up Pine Flat to Empire Grade, where I turned right and headed down.

0 comments: