Saturday, February 21, 2009

21 February 2009

Saturday harbor ride

It was overcast and not too cold. The sun glowed through the clouds at first. The group went a lot slower than usual through East Cliff and Capitola. On San Andreas, the pace was enough to somewhat string out the pack a few times, but I was never over my limit. It seemed like only a few riders turned right at Watsonville to go to San Juan. Probably because rain was forecast for the afternoon.

Going up 152, a small group disappeared ahead, while the main group was happy at a more social pace. I stayed with the group up Mt Madonna and the initial part of Hazel Dell, until the group split up on the climb. On the descent, a couple of riders went by, but I couldn't hang on. Later, I latched onto a group of 3 that came by into Corralitos.

Then I took Hames, Day Valley, Valencia, Trout Gulch, and Soquel back home. There was probably a slight tailwind. I felt pretty good on the final little climb up High St, and it didn't rain.

0 comments: