Saturday, April 24, 2010

24 April 2010

Saturday harbor ride

It was cool and overcast early, but warmed up and was partly sunny later. For the first half of San Andreas, the pace was relatively relaxed. After Buena Vista, the pace got hard, and I started slipping backwards. But then, there was a bunch of oncoming traffic, as well as a slow tractor to the right, which slowed the pack down, and I found the pace manageable from then on. A pretty large group went up Hazel Dell, and a big group stayed together up Mt Madonna to the start of Hazel Dell. On the Hazel Dell climb, I dropped off as the group split up. Near the summit, a train of 6 riders came by, and I managed to stay with them over the top, and then hung on for a fast descent to Corralitos. Then, it was my customary return via Hames, Day Valley, Valencia, Trout Gulch, and Soquel.

0 comments: