Saturday, April 23, 2011

23 April 2011

Solo ride

I headed up Hwy 1. It was overcast, with a little tailwind. I turned off onto Swanton, taking the loop back to Hwy 1, and into the headwind. Looking at the GPS data, I barely got up to 30 mph on the descent to Scott Creek. At the sign just outside of Davenport, I was going 18-20mph according to the GPS data. It briefly flashed 21mph between all the car traffic making it register around 50mph. A week earlier, with a tailwind, it showed that I was going 27mph. At Bonny Doon Rd, I turned left and headed uphill. From Smith Grade up, there were traces of drizzle. At Empire Grade, I turned right and headed down, and it was wet and chilly, though the road remained dry. The drizzle became more than a trace, and my face got completely wet. It was like being in an invisible fog.

0 comments: