Saturday, May 21, 2011

21 May 2011

Solo ride

I started off north on Hwy 1 into a tough headwind. At the bottom of the dip for San Vicente Creek just south of Davenport, the speed detector said I was going 24mph. It usually says that I go well over 30mph there. There were relief from the wind in the valley and the climb of Swanton Rd. At the end of Swanton, it was back to Hwy 1, but now with a tailwind, as I headed back towards Davenport. The speed detector just north of Davenport mostly said 56-61mph as I approached it due to motorized traffic, but it flickered to 28 and 29mph a few times, so it was a good tailwind on this flat, if not very slightly uphill section. I turned left at Bonny Doon Rd and headed up, continuing on Pine Flat, then down Empire Grade. This was only the second time I had ridden since being sick all last weekend and so I was kind of weak on the finish down High St.

0 comments: