Monday, May 30, 2011

30 May 2011

Solo ride

It was sunny and windy, even though it had been partly cloudy earlier. I started off with a tailwind, and headed up Hwy 9 to Felton, took a right onto Graham Hill, then headed up Zayante and Quail Hollow, then descended to Ben Lomond. Then I headed up Alba. Around a third of the way up, a descending cyclist zipped by. A little later, another descending cyclist went by. Around Alba School, I overtook another climbing cyclist. After 35 minutes of climbing, I turned left on Empire Grade and headed back. There was a headwind for much of the descent. And, as usual, the new light at Heller was green when I first saw it, but turned yellow and red as I started accelerating to try to make the light, so, as usual, I had to stop for the light.

0 comments: