Saturday, June 11, 2011

11 June 2011

Solo ride

It was cool and partly cloudy. There was a tailwind going down the hill to Hwy 9, but there was somewhat of a headwind going up Hwy 9. I took my usual detour on Glen Arbor. There was more of a headwind on Hwy 236. I started up Jamison Creek at 12:31. There were a number of trucks hauling mountain bikes both up and down. On the left turn where the difficult climbing starts, a couple of mountain bikers emerged from the trail to the right as I went by. Further up, a road cyclist was descending, riding her brakes. At around a mile from the top, a group of motorcyclists went by going up. Near the top and on the top part of Empire Grade, the road was wet. I got to the top at 12:55, and it the clock soon changed to 12:56 after I started up Empire Grade. It was somewhat windy on Empire Grade. From around upper UCSC on down, it was a tailwind.

0 comments: