Saturday, July 30, 2011

30 July 2011

Santa Cruz Mountains Challenge

I headed up Hwy 9 and Hwy 236 to the second rest stop. It was foggy and there was drizzle and some of the roads were wet. It was foggy for most of the morning. A little before noon, the sun came out and it was warm. A little after noon, I headed back for home, joining the mountains challenge route for a while. I started up Jamison Creek at 12:24. My bike was about 5 pounds heavier than my usual bike, and I was wearing regular shoes in toe clips rather than clipped-in cycling shoes. I got to the top at 12:49, for an estimated time of 25:37. After catching my breath at the top, I continued to the third rest stop for some food and rest, then continued on Empire Grade to Pine Flat, Bonny Doon, then up Martin and Ice Cream Grade, following the course of the ride. At Empire Grade, I turned right, leaving the course, and headed home.

0 comments: