Monday, July 04, 2011

4 July 2011

Solo ride

It was sunny and warm. By the coast, it was cool in the wind and shade. In the mountains, it was hot in the sun. I headed up Hwy 9 to Felton, then took Graham Hill and East Zayante, over Quail Hollow and down Glen Arbor to Ben Lomond. I started up Alba Rd at 11:17, and got to the top a little under 35 minutes later. There was something going on at Alba School. There were cars parked around there, chairs set up, and some people already there. There was a fire truck there too. Just as I was going by, the firemen were getting into the truck. After I had gone by, the fire truck started off, with its siren wailing. Fortunately for me, it headed downhill. Further up, the graffiti rock appeared to have been removed. Some graffiti was painted on the right side of the road instead. I headed down Empire Grade. The traffic light at the UCSC west entrance was green when I went by. Further down, to the right of the road, was a ghost bike memorializing the cyclist who had been killed there earlier.

0 comments: