Saturday, August 11, 2012

11 August 2012

Solo ride

It was sunny and warm, though there was still some morning coolness when I started out. It would be pretty hot in the mountains, with forecasts predicting high temperatures in the 90s in Boulder Creek. This would be my first real ride on my bike after it had been overhauled a week earlier, and it felt good. I skipped riding last week because it was cold and it even rained a little.

Hwy 9 by the Tannery had been repaved, so it was no longer a bumpy turn from Encinal. I headed up Hwy 9 through Felton, taking Glen Arbor to Ben Lomond, and continuing up to Boulder Creek. I headed out on Hwy 236, and started up Jamison Creek at 11:30. I felt much better than I did the last time, 2 weeks earlier, when the climb took me between 25 and 27 minutes, and I would guess was around 26:30, but my GPS had been turned off then, so 25-27 minutes is the most precise estimate I have. It was pretty hot, but it was mostly in the shade. There were short stretches in the sun around the 1.42 marker, around the 1.33 marker, and somewhere around .7-.6 miles to the top. I got to the top at 11:54 for an estimated time of 24:19. I turned left and headed down Empire Grade.

0 comments: