Saturday, September 01, 2012

1 September 2012

Solo ride

It was mostly sunny, with some clearing morning clouds early on. I headed up Hwy 9 through Felton, then took Glen Arbor to Ben Lomond and Hwy 9 through Brookdale to Boulder Creek, then headed out on Hwy 236. I started up Jamison Creek at 12:09. There was a headwind on the lower part, and most of the lower mile also had the stench of diesel fumes. I also encountered two cyclists that were descending the lower part. The 1.33 marker had a tiny, faded and stained U.S. flag draped over it. In the middle of the steep middle part, another cyclist was descending, and then, just before the 1.02 marker, a group of 5 more cyclists were descending. I got to the top at 12:33, for an approximate time of 24:22. There were two more cyclists standing around at the top. I turned left and headed down Empire Grade. The light at Heller was red when I first saw it, but it turned green before I arrived at the intersection. I expect not to be as lucky with that light after the start of the fall term at the university.

0 comments: