Saturday, September 22, 2012

22 September 2012

Solo ride

It was sunny and warm. I took a route covering roads I hadn't ridden in a while or in directions I hadn't ridden in a while. I started up Empire Grade, then turned left on Smith Grade. On a steep part of Smith Grade, I shifted to my small ring and dropped my chain, and failed to get it back onto the chainring after a number of attempts and had to dismount and reseat it. At Bonny Doon, I turned right and headed up. I originally planned to head up Pine Flat to the upper intersection of Bonny Doon and turn left, but since it was such a nice day, I decided to extend the ride and turn right on Ice Cream Grade and thought that I should have had that idea earlier so that I could have turned right at Martin Rd instead. I took Ice Cream Grade to Empire Grade, then headed up to Pine Flat, and then down to the upper end of Bonny Doon, and took Bonny Doon all the way down to the coast. Then, it was tailwinds on Hwy 1 back to town, finishing with a climb up Western.

0 comments: