Saturday, May 11, 2013

11 May 2013

Solo ride

It was mostly sunny and warm, but somewhat chilly and foggy by the coast from around Davenport and north. I started north on Hwy 1 into a tough headwind. The speed monitor at San Vicente Creek just south of Davenport registered 28mph for a quarter second between showing that all the car traffic was going 58mph, and the posted limit was 45mph. I turned right onto Swanton for more headwinds. In the valley, the fog and the chill was replaced by warm sun, and the wind mostly eased. Descending from the summit, it again got chilly and windy. I headed back south on Hwy 1, where it got a little foggy and I had a tailwind. There was too much car traffic at the speed monitor just north of Davenport to see my speed; it continuously registered around 54-55mph, and the posted limit was 45mph. I turned left at Bonny Doon Rd and soon headed up out of the fog. I continued up Pine Flat and then headed down Empire Grade. On the descent, I had to stop at a red light for the lane closure that would last until July, and again for the light at Heller.

0 comments: