Sunday, October 01, 2006

1 October 2006

Surf City Century

Because of the cloudiness, I didn't wake up until 7, so I took a quick shower and had a skimpy breakfast and was on my bike at around 7:30. I rode to Cabrillo College to do the Surf City Century. I got started just after 8. The 100 mile route went to Corralitos, Gizdich Ranch, Aromas, San Juan Bautista for the lunch stop, Salinas, Castroville, Elkhorn, then back to Cabrillo for dinner. Afterwards, I rode back home. It rained a little around Castroville, and the roads were wet for the rest of the ride.

Since I had memorized the route from the web site, instead of taking Murphy Crossing, San Juan Highway, and Aromas Road to Aromas, I took Highway 129 and Rogge to Aromas, which had about the same distance, less climbing, but was narrower with fast traffic, including RVs and the like. Had I read the route sheet, I would have followed it, as it was the better option.

0 comments: