Saturday, September 30, 2006

23 September 2006

Ride to the Far Side (Pescadero)

The club ride was to start at Pescadero, so I started out early, taking Highway 1, Gazos Creek, Cloverdale to Pescadero. There was no wind, so it was a 32 mile warmup in about 1:45, and I wound up arriving 25 minutes early.

The club ride started north on Stage, with a long regroup at San Gregorio due to a flat. The shorter route headed up Highway 84 to La Honda. I joined the longer route, heading up Stage, down Highway 1, up Tunitas Creek, Star Hill, Swett, then down Skyline to Skylonda for lunch. After lunch, the route headed down Old La Honda to La Honda and then back to Pescadero, but I said goodbye to the group and continued on Skyline, then took Bear Creek to Boulder Creek. I returned home taking Highway 236, Jamison Creek and Empire Grade.

This was the eleventh time I climbed Jamison Creek in 2006.

0 comments: