Saturday, September 30, 2006

19 August 2006

Pescadero to Half Moon Bay

The club ride to Half Moon Bay was to start in Pescadero, so I started off north on Highway 1 early before the wind. This was the second time I had ridden up the coast to Pescadero, and the first time this early, so, without the wind, I overestimated how long it would take. I rode up Highway 1, Gazos Creek and Cloverdale to Pescadero in 1:50, which was less than my estimate of 2:15, so I arrived very early and watched the runners in a 10k and half marathon event that was being held there go by. The route went up Stage for a regroup in San Gregorio, then continued on Stage, Highway 1, Tunitas Creek, Lobitos Creek, Verde, Purisima Creek, Higgins-Purisima to Half Moon Bay for lunch. After lunch, I took Highway 1 all the way back to Santa Cruz.

0 comments: