Saturday, September 30, 2006

26 August 2006

Kirby Park to Asilomar

I went on the club ride to Monterey and Pacific Grove, starting early, since the 96 mile route was to start at Aptos at 7am. I joined a couple of the riders on route to Aptos, with two more joining at Aptos. The five of us rode to Kirby Park to join the rest of the group. The route went south to Castroville and then to the Monterey County Bike path to Monterey for lunch. After lunch, I rode along the coast to Pacific Grove, and then backtracked on the bike path, then took Nashua, Molera, Highway 1, Dolan, Russo, and Elkhorn back to Kirby Park. From there, I rode solo up Elkhorn, Salinas, Trafton, McGowan, Thurwachter, Beach, San Andreas, Bonita, Freedom, Soquel to Aptos where I stopped at Los Gordos for another lunch, and then back home.

0 comments: