Saturday, September 30, 2006

3 July 2006

On the day off for Independence Day holiday, I started out solo north into the wind on Hwy 1. I turned right at Gazos Creek for a respite from the wind, which returned along Cloverdale. I timed myself at about 2:15 to Pescadero, as one purpose of this ride was to see how long it would take me to ride to Pescadero, since I wanted to do some club rides that started there. I then headed out on Stage, Hwy 1, up Tunitas Creek, then right on Skyline. I hadn't really decided where to go after that, but, while climbing Tunitas, I decided to go all the way to the end of Skyline at Bear Creek, then down to Boulder Creek. However, just around Page Mill-Alpine, I ran out of energy, and, soon after that, finished my food. I limped to the gas station and got a coke. I decided to head down Hwy 9 to Boulder Creek if the hot dog stand wasn't open at Saratoga Gap, and it wasn't. At Boulder Creek, I got a big sandwich as Jonny's. I then headed down Hwy 9 and up Felton-Empire, still digesting the sandwich until I was at least two thirds of the way up, and then down Empire Grade back home.

0 comments: