Sunday, November 18, 2007

18 November 2007

Sunday afternoon UCSC loop

It was sunny and comfortably cool. I decided to go around the loop 8 times, so I held to a more comfortable pace than usual. Except for the last time around, I held back on hammering up the last bit of the climb. On the descents, I concentrated on staying low, feeling my thighs bump up against my stomach. The main result was that my left arm, for some reason, got really tired. I also managed to do the descent in about 3 minutes each time, which was better than my typical 3:15-3:20.

I also noticed a couple of other riders riding around the campus. There was an old woman in a blue jacket that was riding up and down Glen Coolidge and McLaughlin that I saw a number of times. There was a younger woman pulling a trailer that I saw riding up Glen Coolidge, then down Hagar, then up Glen Coolidge again. There were also the usual riders that I saw only once or twice.

0 comments: