Thursday, April 03, 2008

3 April 2008

Swanton time trial

It was windy on the way out. After Bonny Doon Rd, a Bicycle Trip paceline went by and I hopped on.

There was a headwind starting out. I got passed 3 times on the outbound leg. I recovered a little on the descent, then blew myself out after that. About halfway back, my left calf started cramping up. I managed to finish without getting passed on the return leg. It looks like my time was very close to my previous time of around 35:20-35:30.

I started back with the Bicycle Trip group, but then got dropped on a little climb. A minute later, my front tire started squirming. It was going soft. I rode the rest of the way back carefully, especially when slowing or turning. At least I managed to get home before sunset this time.

0 comments: