Saturday, October 01, 2011

1 October 2011

Solo ride

It was sunny and cool. There was heavier traffic on Hwy 9 than there had been over the summer. I took Glen Arbor into Ben Lomond. Around the Boulder Creek city limits, an old Honda came by, spewing massive amounts of toxic smelling air pollution. When I got to the Hwy 236 intersection, the Honda was being pushed down the road. I continued on Hwy 236, and started up Jamison Creek at 12:27. Although it was cool, I had to deal with sweat running into my eyes throughout the climb. I got to the top at 12:51, for an estimated time of 24:52. I remember encountering only one car and no motorcycles on the climb, which would be less traffic than usual. I headed back down Empire Grade. I had to stop at the red light at the new traffic light at the UCSC west entrance which turned red as I approached, which was an annoyingly common occurrence.

0 comments: