Saturday, October 15, 2011

15 October 2011

Saturday harbor ride

It was overcast pretty much throughout, with hints of drizzle when I started out. There was a tailwind for the outbound part, especially on Soquel and San Andreas. On San Andreas, a cop car blipped its siren a few times before going by the pack. At one part, the pack slowed to go by a slow tractor on the road. A little before Sunset, I couldn't keep up and fell off the back. After Watsonville, a decent size group of at least 20 went on to Casserly, where pack was held up by another slow tractor on the road. On the steep bit of Mt Madonna just before Hazel Dell, I was at the back of the pack and was further behind by Hazel Dell. On the Hazel Dell climb, I was in a small group for before falling behind at the part where the right side of the road had collapsed in a slide, and went into Corralitos by myself. It was briefly sunny on Browns Valley going towards Corralitos. I continued over Hames and Day Valley and Valencia to Aptos. There was a headwind for the rest of the way back, and it remained overcast.

0 comments: