Saturday, October 29, 2011

29 October 2011

Solo ride

I headed out on Soquel to Aptos, then took Trout Gulch, Valencia , Day Valley, and Hames to Corralitos, and started up Eureka Canyon. On the lower parts, it was slightly chilly in the shade-- a reminder that Eureka Canyon is chilly in the winter, but very nice on a hot day. On the upper parts, it was warm in the sunny parts, and very nice in the shade. On parts of Highland, there was piles of dirt on the side of the road from slides earlier in the year. The road was cleared, though narrow in places. The slides were why I hadn't ridden this way in quite a while. I headed down Soquel-San Jose. There was a stink from roadkill in the middle of the road a little before Olive Springs. I turned right and headed up Laurel Glen and down Mountain View, and returned on Branciforte. It was a sunny and warm afternoon when I got back.

0 comments: