Saturday, June 23, 2012

23 June 2012

Solo ride

It was partly cloudy, comfortably warm in the sun and comfortably cool in the shade, when I started. It was slightly breezy, with a tailwind as I started up Hwy 9. There was some running thing going on, as, at one point on Hwy 9, there was a table with water and signs saying runners on the road. There was something going on at Felton also, and there was more traffic than usual along Hwy 9 and maybe vending tables or something to the right. I continued on Glen Arbor to Ben Lomond, then on past Brookdale to Boulder Creek, then headed out on Hwy 236. I started up Jamison Creek at 12:44, and there was a cyclist a little ways ahead of me going somewhat slowly, so I overtook him on the early part and didn't see him again. There were also 8 or 9 cyclists descending as I went up the lower steep part. I got to the top at 1:08 for an estimated time of 24:04, my best time since last August and my 6th best time ever. I headed down Empire Grade, where the shade and the cool wind was slightly chilly. Since the university was pretty much shut down after the end of the spring term, the light at Heller was green when I first saw it, and remained green.

0 comments: